Re: Debian policy on multimedia ?

Any weekday at 22-23UTC is fine to me, except for tuesdays and fridays.

What about the idea of setting up a wiki somewhere? We could write
something in advance, I've been thinking about some itens to be
suggested to the policy:

The basic principle, already mentioned by Junichi: Applications should
have sane defaults in order to "just work" in most cases.

That's reasonable, and from that I can derive that a jack application
should connect to the first available phisical output port. Today's
upload of zynaddsubfx will incorporate that.

In applications that support several output methods we should whenever
possible give prefence to jack, falling back to other sound daemons,
then alsa and oss as the last options to be tried.

We should enable session support to multimedia applications so that they
will work easily together.

We won't be able to find two users with tha same midi setup, when it
comes to external modules and synths, but the individual setups do not
change very often. It would be great if the user could have his studio
setup recorded for later use, rather than having to connect lots of
virtual midi output ports every time he logs in before being able to
work.

A default software synthesizer port should always be available.

That's what I recall from the mental notes I made and should have
written down somewhere :)

Regards

Eduardo