Re: Low latency kernels

Ismael Valladolid Torres <ismaelva@freesurf.fr> writes:

> Robert Jordens escribe:
>> There are suitable kernels (2.4 with low latency patches) from
>> DeMuDi/Agnula www.agnula.org. For 2.6 there should be a
>> kernel-patch-realtime-preempt but time to package that is a rare good.
>
> Looks like realtime-lsm-module-2.6.8-1-k7 got into sarge. :)

This is just a small security module, granting realtime permissions to
ordinary users.  Ingo Molnar's realtime preempt is a low latency
kernel patch (still quite experimental).  They are gradually being
merged into the mainstream kernel.

BTW, my tests show vanilla 2.6.10 from kernel.org working as well as
2.4 with the lowlatency patches.
--
  joq