Alsa upgrade

Hi All!
I upgraded my sys yesterday using the command "apt-get upgrade" and all seamed to go fine, but when I tried to run kmix it says it could not find libasound.so.2. I checked with kpackage and I saw the libasound2 pack is installed but not entirely. Many files are lost,including libasound.so.2. What can I do? I tried installing alsa compiling it but it gives me an error during the configure run saying my soundcard is not supported. Thanks for your help, Marco.