Resoved: how to get alsa to send info out my TOSlink port

Roland Stigge wrote:
On Sat, 2004-04-03 at 01:17, jerry garcia wrote:

Any suggestions? I'm not too proficient with alsa to be honest, and I'd bet it's something as simple as a configuration file.

Have you tried gnome-alsamixer? It provides many possibilities to
configure cards. E.g., for my card (onboard, though), there are IES958
(digital) switches which are off by default.

bye,
  Roland

I installed gnome-alsamixer, and had to turn OFF iec98 optical raw, and now I have audio from my TOS-link. Woohoo!

jaz