Re: Tuning the system for jackd

guenter geiger <geiger@xdv.org> writes:

> > > Then, this would need to be someone who has a bit of insight into
> > > linux security modules, in order to explain him why he should change it,
> > > and to make sure that it actually doesn't harm security.
>
> Yes, I have quoted that same link some messages ago, note that the
> proposal includes a patch that compiles LSM but it doesn't compile it
> as a module (which is what we need).
>
> Anyhow, I am going to file an ITP of the realtime LSM, as it seems that
> this is the preferred method of aquiring realtime privileges, then we try
> to solve the rest.

OK.

Please try to copy this list on your messages if you can.  I don't
follow debian-devel.

I got little response to my linux-security-modules posting.  No
complaints and one helpful hint, so it wasn't a waste of time.

If Herbert Xu prefers to package and build it as a kernel patch
instead, it could easily be done that way.
--
  joq