Debian Multimedia CDD

Martin, after our meeting  I've started to  analyze more in  depth the
issue of  how to allow Debian  derived "distributions" happily coexist
with Debian itself, and  I found out  [0] that the  topic is now  much
more developed  than two  years  ago, when the  AGNULA/DeMuDi  project
started.

According to the terminology defined in

http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?CustomDebian

and

http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~zenaan/debian-enterprise.org/technical.html

Debian Multimedia is   currently  an internal Debian  Subproject  [0],
which do not provide a Custom Debian Distribution, while AGNULA/DeMuDi
is and external   Debian Related Project,  which creates  a Derivative
Debian Distro.

Would it make sense to turn DeMuDi into the  CDD created by the Debian
Multimedia subproject?

AFAIK  this  is   what successfully  happened  between  DebianEdu  and
Skolinux [2], which even moved/merged part of the CVS sources into the
DebianEdu Alioth  project.  I think we  could benefit a lot from their
experience, and maybe  it would  be  useful to start  a new debian-cdd
list, dedicated to common issues among Custom Debian Distributions, as
strategies, policies, tools.

bye,

free

[0] see

    http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2003/debian-devel-200307/msg02005.html

[1] even though   it   doesn't  appear  in  the   official  list   of
    (sub)projects at

    http://www.debian.org/devel/

[2] see

    http://developer.skolelinux.no/index.html.en

    and the "CDD's in Development" section in

    http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?CustomDebian

    plus the announcement of the latest skolelinux release

    http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2004/debian-edu-200401/msg00000.html