Re: Scheduling another freeze of Jack-related packages

> > It seems to be another round of large-scale dependency chain,
> > close to release, thus we probably need a scheduled freezing
> > to get this thing to be released in sarge at all.
> >
> > Here's a rough timeline that I came up with:
> >

> > 16 Jan 2004 :  jack hits unstable
> > 18 Jan 2004 :  Maintainer uploads are done by this date.
>
> Hi,
>
> Two days for doing the maintainer uploads seems to be optimisitic, .. :)
> but we have to push toget this through. In general the roadmap is
> good. I would add that, if possible, only versions that have been
> in unstable or experimental at least get uploaded. To upload new
> versions, we have time between 11 Feb and 1 Mar.
> .. but probably this is too restrictive.
> I am tempted to upload a new version of qjackctl, for example,
> but haven done yet, because it might not compile on other architectures ..
> on the other hand, I don't know if the version from experimental compiles.

Yup, that is a good point.

I've got a feeling that a maintainer upload will need
to be done by 18, so that we can freeze the chain by 25th,
to get something done within a reasonable timeframe.

I'll add a note not to try to get a new upstream version of
a package into unstable within this timeframe.

regards,
	junichi