Re: JACK 0.98.1 in experimental

On Tue, 11 May 2004, Robert Jordens wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> JACK 0.98.1 is in experimental. It should not break binary
> compatibility but adds the nice feature of automatically starting jackd
> based on ~/.jackdrc or /etc/jackdrc if $JACK_START_SERVER is set.
> That plays really nicely with the recent addition of the
> realtime-module (thanks to Guenter!).
>
> As this changes the build system to use a sysdeps-style hirarchy of
> includes, this might affect some architectures. powerpc and i386 work
> fine. It would be great if you could test other architectures.

On alpha it compiles fine, I have some problems running it though,
have to take a look the next days. I get:
jack(10000): cannot open jack FIFO directory (No such file or directory)

I tested the automatic startup feature with pd (on i386) and it worked
perfectly.

Only thing that took me some time was to figure out that I had to
set the JACK_START_SERVER environment variable. (Ok,ok, always look in
the README.Debian, and there it was).

Nice work,

Guenter