Future of ModemManager maintenance - Re: Bringing Mobian closer to Debian

Le 07/09/2021 à 19:57, Henry-Nicolas Tourneur a écrit :
> Regarding ModemManager, there are ongoing discussions to move it under
> team maintenance within DebianOnMobile. The current maintainer has no
> longer sufficient time to ensure proper maintenance for this package.
> Latest uploads were actually NMUs and we reached out to Martin who did
> some of those NMU as well as the maintainer to advise on the next step.
>
> From my understanding, there is some consensus that a move to Debian-
> On-Mobile is an acceptable way forward and we mostly need to progress
> that move (and later on, work on the backlog of bugs opened by users).
> CCing Martin regarding this (idk if he is subscribed to this list).
>
> Bug #800598 has also some further information on the polkit
> customizations thing.

Oh great, taking over maintenance of ModemManager (and underlying libs)
would make perfect sense indeed, actually I reached out to Martin
(through a salsa MR) just yesterday regarding libqrtr-glib (used by
libqmi and subsequently MM for modems built into Qualcomm SoCs).

Anyway, you can count me in for that, I've been closely following its
development and packaging updated versions for Mobian lately.

Cheers,
Arnaud