Support for Freerunner?

Hi,

Until June I've used my Neo Freerunner with QtMoko. Then anti-crime law
banned anonymous SIMs and I decided that connectivity wasn't worth the
weight in my pocket anymore. Then I watched Denver Gingerich's talk at
Libreplanet about the alternatives to baseband. He suggests that a
Freerunner running Debian is one of the best options for a pocket
computer.

Seeing as I got one of those that still works (it's only 10 years old
after all) it would be a shame to waste it. I found that the software
didn't boot anymore, so I put the last version of QtMoko on the SD
again. Now my main use case is to get some kind of communication going
over wifi. The SIM unlock screen that QtMoko presents me with is
useless and I'd rather see it running something like Ring, or at least
XMPP chat if resources are too limited.

The Freerunner manual on the wiki [1] seems pretty outdated. I didn't
try the pkg-fso install script because (i) it looks broken and (ii) I
don't have a working OS in flash. I continued from the QtMoko partition
to install nodm and xorg, but all I see so far on the screen is a root
prompt (though X is running).

Does anyone have current information about running Debian on a
Freerunner?

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianOnFreeRunner