Re: another chroot for android

Quoting Jonathan Michalon (2012-12-10 17:17:56)
> I tried another integration scripts & infrastructure to install Debian
> side-by-side to Android.
> People on IRC didn't know about it so it seems worth an email.
> Here you are:
> http://sven-ola.dyndns.org/repo/debian-kit-en.html
>
> Basically it creates a loop image disk, provides some easy scripts and
> a few handy packages on a custom repo. You then may launch the chroot
> from android device once booted (just run "deb" command), and have a
> full Debian running except for the display (but the scripts can
> provide a remote accessible LXDE desktop). The phone must be rooted of
> course.
>
> Not perfect at all but has the advantage of existing…

I wouldn't call it "full Debian" if running as chroot, but whatever...

If you are fine with chroot and seek something simple to setup, checkout
Lil' Debi: https://guardianproject.info/code/lildebi/

More discussion at
https://guardianproject.info/2011/06/18/easy-installer-for-debian-on-android/

 - Jonas