Re: How use smartphonetools under Debian?

On Mon, October 1, 2012 11:35, Paul Wise wrote:
> Questions about low-level stuff (kernel/bootloader/etc) should be sent
> to other mailing lists. In your case, debian-arm would be appropriate or
> debian-kernel for Linux related things.

OK.  I have posted it here, because it is strictly Mobile related.

> GNOME 3 has a pretty decent virtual keyboard (caribou). KDE probably
> has a virtual keyboard. Enlightenment has a virtual keyboard. There are
> also these virtual input things:

I will see, how much dependancies it sucks...  because I do not use GNOME,
KDE or Enlightenment, because of its installed size.

I have already a ARM11 (1136) with plenty RAM, but installing KDE and
making an (dist-)upgrade takes several hours...

> kvkbd florence matchbox-keyboard cellwriter dasher

I will check it...

> Outside of Debian, QtMoko has a nice keyboard for small-touchscreen
> devices. I guess Replicant/WebOS/Nemo/Maemo also have virtual keyboards.

I have to check it out, because you say "small-touchscreen" and I would
not call a 8" TS with 1024x768 like this.

Thanks