Re: How use smartphonetools under Debian?

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 4:06 PM, With No Name wrote:

> I have a Development Kit of an ARM Cortex A8 and an USB 2.0 based 4-Band
> UMTS GSM/Module.
>
> Now I want to use this combination as "TabletPC" for Internet
> connectivity, phoneing and SMS and I like to know, how I can do this in
> Debian.

Questions about low-level stuff (kernel/bootloader/etc) should be sent
to other mailing lists. In your case, debian-arm would be appropriate
or debian-kernel for Linux related things.

> Also I like to know, where I can get a virtual keyboard like the one from
> iPad, because "xvkbd" is not realy usable...

GNOME 3 has a pretty decent virtual keyboard (caribou). KDE probably
has a virtual keyboard. Enlightenment has a virtual keyboard. There
are also these virtual input things:

kvkbd
florence
matchbox-keyboard
cellwriter
dasher

Outside of Debian, QtMoko has a nice keyboard for small-touchscreen
devices. I guess Replicant/WebOS/Nemo/Maemo also have virtual
keyboards.

--
bye,
pabs