Some index files failed to download

Hello all,

Having done a clear installation from Jessie to Stretch, when trying to "sudo apt-get update" I got the following error message:

W: The repository 'http://deb.debian.org/debian stretch/updates Release' does not have a Release file. N: Data from such a repository can't be authenticated and is therefore potentially dangerous to use. N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details. E: Failed to fetch http://deb.debian.org/debian/dists/stretch/updates/main/binary-amd64/Packages 404 Not Found [IP: 2a04:4e42:1b::204 80] E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

I've tried to find a workaround in web, unfortunately with no luck.

Any ideas please?

Thanks,
Pavlos

--
*Pavlos K. Ponos*

My blog:
https://pavlosponosblog.wordpress.com

Public Linkedin profile:
https://gr.linkedin.com/pub/pavlos-k-ponos/57/27/5b6/

Don't send me files in the following formats:.doc(x),.xls(x),.ppt(x)
Instead, try and use Open Document formats: https://www.libreoffice.org
Save your money & use a Linux distro: http://distrowatch.com/