Re: New ftpsync version 20170920

On 22/09/2017 19:08, Bastian Blank wrote:
Hello mirror operators

We recently release ftpsync 20170920. You can find it on a Debian mirror
near you.

It includes a lot of changes since the last release.  Notable ones are:

* Add ftpsync-cron script.
   This script can be used on mirrors running via cron.  It uses http to
   check the archive state before running a complete sync.  This means it
   can be run every 30 minutes without doing much load on the upstream
   system.

* Add several mirror information to trace file.
   We added some new config options with mirror information like
   maintainer addresses.  See ftpsync.conf.sample for a full set.  We may
   use them in the future to update our mirror list automatically.

* Set default MAILTO to the current user.
   In the past the default user to get error mails was root.  As we found
   out a lot of admins never got such mails because of that.  If you
   relied on the old default of "root", you must change your config.

Regards,
Bastian

Please note that if you need ftpsync to work as stated in the README file under

  ## Usage
  For impatient people, short usage instruction:

you need to modify the search_config() function line

   for i in ~/.config/ftpsync /etc/ftpsync; do
   for i in ~/.config/ftpsync /etc/ftpsync ~/etc/ ~/; do

--
Daniele ALBRIZIO - daniele.albrizio@units.it
         Tel. +39-040.558.3319