Re: New debian mirror at IIITH

Hey Donald,

I wanted to get a rough estimate of the bandwidth consumption that mirrors in this region have. Luckily, maintenance is not a problem as we have student sysadmins to take care of that.
I just wanted to get an idea of what to ask of my institute so that this may actually be possible. Bandwidth and storage space would definitely be their main concern and people who’ve hosted/are hosting mirrors would be the best people to tell me what these figures would be.
As for what we want to host, I think it’s going to be just ubuntu for now, depends on what kind of disk space I can convince them to provide if in case we do plan to do this.
Thanks for the advice, it has been noted :)

Amogh Pradeep
Student Systems Administrator
amogh.pradeep@students.iiit.ac.in