New debian mirror at IIITH

Hi all,

I’m Amogh Pradeep, a student systems administrator at IIIT-H(https://iiit.ac.in/). Recently, we decided to set up a local mirror at our college as many of our students use ubuntu and hence mirroring this would save us a lot of bandwidth. I want to convince our faculty here that making the mirror public is a good idea, for obvious reasons, it is, but our college faculty takes some convincing to get anything done.
I send this mail to this list in the hope that someone can respond to it with details of what exactly the requirements of a public mirror would be and the many benefits of hosting a public mirror. I would like to use these points to convince my college to make this possible.

Best,
Amogh Pradeep
Student Systems Administrator
amogh.pradeep@students.iiit.ac.in