Re: Mirrorbrain demo instance for debian-cd?

On Fri, 2015-10-09 at 10:21 +0300, Arnoldas Šareckis wrote:

> several weeks ago I was interested in this too.
> Try reaching the Debian mirrors channel on irc.debian.org
> (#debian-mirrors) and ask FoxMuldV6 about this. He seems to be the
> original owner of the idea. Unfortunately, it seems the process is
> stuck.

After my mail I asked on IRC and talked to FoxMuldV6. We got an ack
from Joerg from the mirrors team and I added a debian.net domain.
FoxMuldV6 is planning on setting up mirrorbrain on Saturday here:

http://debian-cd.debian.net/

> As far as I remember, there was a requirement to package mirrorbrain to
> a *.deb using Debian standarts.
> Personally I would like to contribute with my help and assistance.
> However, I am not familiar with packaging for Debian at all.

Packaging mirrorbrain for Debian will be a requirement for the official
service, if you want to work on packages, please check out this:

http://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers

Also, it looks like Raphael Hertzog is willing to sponsor mirrorbrain
and upstream might be willing to help with packaging:

http://mirrorbrain.org/issues/issue26

There are also some recommended practices for Debian services:

https://wiki.debian.org/ServicesHosting#Recommended_practices_for_Debian_services

--
bye,
pabs