Re: Some perl packages not available in Debian mirrors.

On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 20:33:04 -0500
Marco Galicia <galprasmarco@gmail.com> wrote:

> While trying to build some debian lxc I noticed that some perl related
> packages failed to download. I tried changing mirrors and then
> verifying manually and i can say that some perl packages are missing
> in all the debian mirrors.
>
> This can make a lot of installations of Debian to fail due to missing
> packages.

Installations work fine on my tests at this end. Including a fresh
jessie debootstrap which installs liblocale-gettext-perl just fine.

I: Retrieving liblocale-gettext-perl 1.05-8+b1

> I have verified this for wheezy and jessie releases in amd54 and i386
> architectures.
>

> https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/liblocale-gettext-perl

liblocale-gettext-perl_1.05-7+b1_amd64.deb exists for wheezy on the
mirrors.

http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/pool/main/libl/liblocale-gettext-perl/liblocale-gettext-perl_1.05-7%2bb1_amd64.deb

Just as packages.debian.org says it should:
https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/amd64/liblocale-gettext-perl/download

> Packages not present in up to date repos.
>

> liblocale-gettext-perl libtext-charwidth-perl libtext-iconv-perl
> libtext-wrapi18n-perl

If some mirrors have issues, it is not all mirrors:

http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/pool/main/libl/liblocale-gettext-perl/
http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/libl/liblocale-gettext-perl/
https://packages.debian.org/jessie/amd64/liblocale-gettext-perl/download

Please re-check your test environment. It sounds obvious, but you are
sure that your apt lists are up to date (apt update)? Stable and
Oldstable do receive updates. e.g. The Jessie 8.1 update was June 6th
2015. https://www.debian.org/News/2015/20150606

If, for some reason, you want the version prior to an update, there is
always snapshot.debian.org. Old versions are not retained on the
mirrors.

--

Neil Williams