Re: Some perl packages not available in Debian mirrors.

On 2015-07-01 2:33, Marco Galicia wrote:
While trying to build some debian lxc I noticed that some perl related
packages failed to download. I tried changing mirrors and then
verifying manually and i can say that some perl packages are missing
in all the debian mirrors.

This can make a lot of installations of Debian to fail due to missing
packages.

I have verified this for wheezy and jessie releases in amd54 and i386
architectures.

https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/liblocale-gettext-perl [1]

Packages not present in up to date repos.

liblocale-gettext-perl libtext-charwidth-perl libtext-iconv-perl
libtext-wrapi18n-perl

How did you verify that these packages are apparently missing? A manual inspection of a mirror and a quick test fails to find any such issue:

adam@mowgli:~$ sudo apt-get install -d liblocale-gettext-perl --reinstall
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 reinstalled, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 19.0 kB of archives.
After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ jessie/main liblocale-gettext-perl amd64 1.05-8+b1 [19.0 kB]
Fetched 19.0 kB in 0s (164 kB/s)
Download complete and in download only mode

Regards,

Adam