Re: Request for I2P access from those hosting a debian mirror

Hi,

yxjxxcmht@sigaint.org wrote:
> Privacy is becoming a more serious issue with governments and companies
> logging, building profiles, and selling user information (or mistakenly
> just losing it to poor security precautions).

There recently was a similar discussion about if mirrors should
provide HTTPS to enhance the privacy of our users on this list, too.

> It would be great is someone running a debian package repository could
> make a .i2p site for their debian mirror. This would allow I2P users to
> update their debian machines without eavesdroppers, like their ISPs
> logging (example:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communications_Assistance_for_Law_Enforcement_Act)
> which software they are installing/upgrading/using.

Since I2P is not yet[1] available in Debian, the chances for this are
low.

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/448638

There's though apt-transport-tor, an APT transport for anonymous
package downloads via Tor, which has similar goals and will be
available in the next Debian Stable release expected in spring.

Additionally, apt-transport-tor doesn't need any modifications on the
server side.

		Regards, Axel
--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin