Re: machine-readable mirror list

Simon Paillard  at "Wed, 5 Dec 2012 23:58:23 +0100" wrote:
 SP> Hi,

 SP> If you want apt-spy to read the mirror list in rfc822 directly and avoid parsing:
 SP> http://cvs.debian.org/webwml/webwml/english/mirror/Mirrors.masterlist
 SP> http://mirror-master.debian.org/staticlist/Mirrors.masterlist

 SP> On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 02:49:47PM +0100, Simon Paillard wrote:
 SP> [..]

 >> > apt-spy consumes it OK, usually. You are right though; it could
 >> > definitely be made into a better format, .822 or YAML or JSON or any
 >> > standard format.

Even if this is still true, if I find out a file that apt-spy can read
without loosing time in solving mirrors and aliases I'll try to use
it. I think this should be a good work for Christmas holidays.

Thanks
Stefano

--
Stefano Canepa aka sc: sc@linux.it - http://www.stefanocanepa.it
Three great virtues of a programmer: laziness, impatience and hubris.