Re: Could not resolve 'ftp.br.debian.org'

Martin Zobel-Helas (zobel@ftbfs.de) wrote on 6 December 2012 21:16:
 >Hi,
 >
 >On Thu Dec 06, 2012 at 15:46:51 -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
 >> On Thu, 06 Dec 2012, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
 >> > Thanks rush for that technical answer.
 >> >
 >> > For now i changed the DNS entry for ftp.br.d.o to a different machine. Carlos,
 >> > please tell me when you are back.
 >>
 >> Looks like it is back, at least from within Brazil:
 >
 >and switched DNS back again, so ftp.br. is now with Carlos again.

Thanks.

It took rather longer than expected, sorry. We had to power down all
machines, including the official debian-sec one, mirror, router and
dns because of changes in the distribution board.

jidanni, when you checked last night we were also down due to urgent
changes in the electrical distribution panel.

 >If there is an other mirror nearby we usualy shall take instead of,
 >in case Carlos is down, please inform mirror@d.o, so Simon can add
 >that one commented-out into our DNS zone.

We push fmasft.if.usp.br and debian.las.ic.unicamp.br for the main
repo but I don't know if they distribute the other variants.