RFC: new trace file field to declare updates to sync scripts

Hi,

As mentioned in http.d.n's issue #14 [1], non-ftpsync mirrors are currently
not used at all for certain requests. I have done this to avoid second-
guessing whether mirrors correctly exclude InRelease files in the first
stage, and recently the same issue with i18n/.

My proposal is to introduce a new field that declares what revisions have
been made to the sync script.

For instance, the latest ftpsync would generate the following line:
Revision: i18n InRelease

There will soon be made other changes to ftpsync to make it more robust, and
any non-ftpsync script that follows those changes would be better off
declaring it. This new field would be the way to do it.

Comments?

Using the augmented BNF as used in the HTTP spec, the new field could be:

Revision = "Revision:" *(revision-token)
revision-token = "InRelease" | "i18n" | "AUIP" | future-rev-token
future-rev-token = 1*future-rev-token-char
future-rev-token-char = ALPHA | DIGIT | "_" | "-" | "."

[1] https://github.com/rgeissert/http-redirector/issues/14

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer