Re: ftp.dk.debian.org AKA mirrors.dotsrc.org seems to be down

On 2012-11-22, at 14:27, Povl Ole Haarlev Olsen <debian-mirrors@stderr.dk> wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Nov 2012, Povl Ole Haarlev Olsen wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 22 Nov 2012, Simon Paillard wrote:
>>> (cc'ing dotsrc.org admins)
>>> Thanks for the report
>>> Done, redirect to ftp.nl.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> I think they're back online. Sorry for the noise...
>
> Forget that. It's going up and down like crazy at the moment.

Sorry about that. Our server had crashed, and the survailance we have did not catch it (we only receive SMS when a host does not reply on ping..). We are in the process of setting up a new surveillance server to avoid situations like this again.

The mirror server is up and running again. The reboot Povl noticed was a reboot I performed after I upgraded the server right after having brought it up after the downtime. The service should be stable again, so you can switch ftp.dk.debian.org back to mirrors.dotsrc.org if you like.

--
Regards
Georg Sluyterman