Re: Could not resolve 'ftp.br.debian.org'

On Fri, 07 Sep 2012, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> >No point in you continuing to use some broken resolver, yes.
>
> I have to object. At the time I was checking that, the name was really
> unresolvable. It is resolvable now. Jiddani and the OP apparently checked

Hmm, yes.  That's readly apparent from the error message "nameserver not
responding".  Anyone that has any technical experience with DNS knows this
to be almost always a transient problem due to network path issues.

> when the problem was real, you did when it was not. It has nothing to do
> with broken resolver on jiddani's side.

True.  It could easly happen due to transient connectivity problems in the
path from Jidanni to c3sl, and it could well have happened close to c3sl.

However, the language used was agravating and insulting.  It is no surprise
it aggravated people.

  Henrique Holschuh