Re: ftpsync test please

Raphael Geissert (geissert@debian.org) wrote on 8 May 2012 01:48:
 >The implemented solution works over all the three protocols: http, ftp,
 >and rsync. There's no need to make any guess or assumption on the
 >directory structure or anything else. There's also no need to scan.
 >You download the trace file and you get all the information you need.

So you have to clearly specify the new format. For the upstream, we
can just write a line with the configured value, right? Note that it
may be the IP or a different host name than what's published. It may
even be a non-ascii name, encoded or not... But I'm fine with this if
it's useful to you.

About the architecture list,

 >VALUE := "FULL" | TOKEN [" " ARCH_LIST] | ARCH_LIST

FULL is easy, no problem. But if the mirror wants to have
ARCH_EXCLUDED, to construct the local archs we need the list of all
architectures in the repository. Also, if the admin uses
ARCH_LIST=FULL to not have to list every one, the script must know it.

 >ARCH := "amd64" | "i386" | ...

So you have to spell the full list, without ellipsis. Even if we know
them, we need to know how you recognize them, if case matters, etc.

However, we cannot hard code the full list in the script because it
changes from time to time. Thus it's necessary that the admin puts it
in the config, which is quite inconvenient. There must be a way for
the script to discover it. What if a scripts takes the arch values
from indices/files/arch-*.files of the master (not the local ones)?

Also, what's the precise line format for each entry? And which order
in the file?