introducing http.debian.net

Hi everyone,

I've been working on a project that provides an alternative to cdn.d.n. It
is based on http redirections.
An introduction can be found on the site itself[1], and a comparison to
cdn.d.n at [2].

I now have setup a test instance in a host in Canada to allow people to
actually test and use the system. This host is http.debian.net.

So, please try it and provide feedback. There's not a lot of documentation
as of yet, but I plan to do my best to answer any question.

To get an idea about what it is doing behind the scenes you can take a look
at the headers sent back by the server. It currently sends them on GET and
HEAD requests, but I plan to disable them for the former.

If you are getting results that you think can be improved, please do tell
me.

Some mirrors are disabled either because they are out of date, they don't
have a trace file matching their host name, or because they use an old
ftpsync version. If your mirror matches any of those cases, I would like to
encourage you to fix it, and to fix it by using the ftpsync scripts.
Thank you.

[1]http://http.debian.net/
[2]http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2011/03/msg00788.html

Cheers,