ftp.tw.debian.org DNS record?

Hello,

After examining the abnormal number of rsync connections, we noticed that the DNS record of ftp.tw.debian.org is pointing to our mirror site (debian.nctu.edu.tw).

$ dig @8.8.8.8 ftp.tw.debian.org

; <<>> DiG 9.7.3 <<>> @8.8.8.8 ftp.tw.debian.org
; (1 server found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;ftp.tw.debian.org.             IN      A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
ftp.tw.debian.org.      7       IN      CNAME   debian.nctu.edu.tw.
debian.nctu.edu.tw.     7       IN      A       140.113.2.137

;; Query time: 4 msec
;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
;; WHEN: Fri Jul  1 02:20:49 2011
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 83

$

However, services on debian.linux.org.tw are normal, so it's not a case of server failure (or there isn't a failure) on ftp.tw.debian.org (debian.linux.org.tw).

We believe there is a mistake.

If ftp.tw.debian.org is going to do a DNS load-balancing, then we are interested in becoming a primary mirror site.

If that is not the case, then please point the DNS record of ftp.tw.debian.org back to debian.linux.org.tw (because we are not a primary mirror site).

Thanks!

-L.E.