Re: ftp2.de.debian.org IPv6 not available anymore

Hi,

I just found your thread [1] by accident.

Simon said he included the current ftp*.de.d.o mirrors in BCC, but we
did not get the mail - so please excuse the late response.

The server behind ftp2.de.d.o changed from ftp.rfc822.org to
ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de when you noticed the dropped AAAA record (in
fact the IPv4 address changed completely, too). Our university, RWTH
Aachen, currently does not offer IPv6 support. As far as I know
ftp.rfc822.org will be shut down shortly, which is why we became
ftp2.de.d.o.

[1]: http://lists.debian.org/debian-mirrors/2011/01/msg00017.html

Best regards,
--