Re: [SOLVED] Indiana University Debian Mirror Not Updating

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 10:17:47 -0400 (EDT), Simon Paillard wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 09:29:42AM -0400, Stephen Powell wrote:
>> As of this morning, Tuesday, September 14, 2010, at 9:27 AM EDT,
>> the Indiana University Debian mirror
>>
>>    ftp.uwsg.indiana.edu/linux/debian
>>
>> now appears to be up-to-date.  Thanks, Simon.
>
> And you are lucky, because the message bounced and I got no reply from a
> tentative of contacting them through a web form.
>
> If you happen to know someone at the university, please phone/tell them :-)

No, I don't know anyone at IU, but I did find this notice while searching
their web site (http://www.indiana.edu) using the keyword "uwsg":

   http://ussg.iu.edu/

Perhaps this will provide a lead that will help you reestablish contact
with the proper people who now maintain this server.

My location is Columbus, Ohio.  Regretably, our own local Big Ten school,
The Ohio State University, apparently does not sponsor a Debian mirror.
Indiana University (Bloomington, Indiana) appears to be the closest
secondary mirror, other than Michigan State (ftp.egr.msu.edu, East Lansing,
Michigan), which is part of the rotation for ftp.us.debian.org, which
I am deliberately trying to avoid due to heavy traffic.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :