Re: [Debconf-discuss] cdn.debian.net

On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 12:36:24 -0400, Luca Capello <luca@pca.it> wrote:
> I guess this discussion should continue on debian-mirrors@, if you drop
> debconf-discuss@ please Cc: me.

Dropped debconf-discuss, CC'd you.

> I cannot do anything more than thanking Araki-san for this service,
> which I hope will become official ASAP.

Yes, thank you Araki-san!

> BTW, since we are at it, I am now in Boston (71.232.13.26) and I think
> cdn.debian.net does not pick up the nearest mirror, which I guess is the
> MIT one (traceroute hops and mirror FQDN in parenthesis):

I noticed that using cdn.debian.net, what is returned is a RR DNS list
of ips for mirrors in the U.S. For example, doing an apt-get update I
got as a response the mirror located in Oregon state university as a
response. That is almost 3,000 miles away, when Columbia university is
only .5 miles away.

micah