Re: [Debconf-discuss] Columbia Debian mirror
- To: Luca Capello <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: ML DebConf-discuss <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, Hideki Yamane <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [Debconf-discuss] Columbia Debian mirror
- From: Yasuhiro Araki <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 22:00:40 +0900
- Message-id: <AANLkTimWe_wTih0q=jTEAUC8gvLUwc7v-kFdzchrcHFb@mail.gmail.com>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20100728141539.GB30351@enorme> <AANLkTikHSv3QYJxROYj_-jr4QcJ18k4X-zcdSfAZ_ebq@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <20100731203610.GE5167@kaplowitz.org> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Luca and dkg,
Thank you for requesting cdn.d.n updating request.
I just has added mirror.cc.columbia.edu to list of cdn.debian.net.
> But whoever manages cdn.debian.net
> could point that to the columbia mirror for queries from IP addresses in the 18.104.22.168/16 range.
I hope to support this request. However, it requires to modify
cdn.debian.net's codes. Please wait it.
On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 5:41 AM, Luca Capello <email@example.com> wrote:
> Hi there!
> On Sat, 2010-07-31 at 16:36 -0400, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
>> On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 04:24:03PM -0400, Luca Capello wrote:
>> > The problem is the unusual Columbia repository path:
>> > http://lists.debconf.org/lurker/message/20100729.161958.50a8b2bc.en.html
>> > I still consider this change a worth request (which I did, without
>> > success, last year for DebConf9 as well), especially to spread
>> > cdn.debian.net use.
>> They now seem to support /debian too, in addition to their unusual one.
>> Presumably that's the result of one of the many requests Debian has made to
>> them recently in relation to DC10.
> Jimmy, you made my day, thank you!
> Araki-san, would it be possible to add the Columbia University mirror to
> cdn.debian.net, please?
> For the debian-mirrors@ people, maybe the Columbia mirror information on
> <http://www.debian.org/mirrors/list> should be updated as well.
> Thx, bye,
> Gismo / Luca