Re: syncproxy.backports.org - connection refused

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 12:49:05PM +0200, Alexander Wirt wrote:

> The push mirroring got took over by debian-mirrors (syncproxy3). So if you
> need push mirroring ask debian-mirrors or symoon in #debian-mirrors for push.
> If you don't want push mirroring use an open rsync mirror like
> mirror.netcologne.de for mirroring. We tried to contact every official
> mirror, but if we missed anybody step up now and talk to symoon.

Thanks. We aren't an official mirror and don't support push currently.
I will try mirror.netcologne.de instead as you suggest, and suggest that
mirrorservice.org (who are listed on
http://www.backports.org/debian/README.mirrors.html) get in touch as I
think they are stale too.

That said, I think there is a general problem here because out of the
ones on that list several seem to be out of date, sometimes by months:

http://backports.debian.or.at/backports.org/project/trace/
http://mirror.linux.org.au/backports.org/project/trace/
http://backports.debian.skynet.be/project/trace/
http://ftp.uni-sofia.bg/debian-backports/ [404]
http://backports.cisbg.com/project/trace/
http://backports.ethz.ch/mirror/backports.org/project/trace/
http://mirror.switch.ch/ftp/mirror/backports.org/project/trace/
http://backports.linuxdediziert.de/backports.org/ [address not found]
http://mirror.buildd.net/backports.org/project/trace/
http://ftp.estpak.ee/backports.org/ [404]
http://www.uk.backports.org/project/trace/
http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/backports.org/project/trace/
http://debian.acantho.net/backports.org/project/trace/ [nearly a year!]
http://backports.sipo.nl/project/trace/

Also I think that http://www.backports.org/~joerg/mirror.html
should be updated or the link to it removed as it's now clearly out
of date. Perhaps I'm just missing where information on the new mirror
setup is published?

Thanks,
Domini

--
Dominic Hargreaves, Systems Development and Support Team