Re: Is linorg.usp.br listed in mirror list ?

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 04:22:44PM -0300, Linorg Admins ( Nelson T. Yunaka - this time )  wrote:
> I were informed by some debian users that linorg.usp.br
> is not in mirror list.

Which 'mirror list' do they refer to ?

> Someone could explain why they say it ? I see that linorg.usp.br is
> listed in http://www.debian.org/mirror/list
> Is not it enough ?

No (if the debian-installer has not been updated after the commit in the
list, it's ignored).

But here, your entry has been added a while back and never changed:

1.706   (spaillar 14-Dec-06): Site: linorg.usp.br
1.706   (spaillar 14-Dec-06): Type: leaf
1.706   (spaillar 14-Dec-06): Archive-ftp: /debian/
1.706   (spaillar 14-Dec-06): Archive-architecture: i386
1.706   (spaillar 14-Dec-06): Archive-http: /debian/

So unless your user used a debian installer older than Dec 2006, maybe
the user is drunk :-)

> now: (ftpsync) -- started today april, 27, 2010

Thanks for using the recommended tool !

> I started to run ftpsync on directory "debian" from ftp.br.org.br,
> while we have to storage room for it.  Then I think  that the easiest
> way to mirror it, without understand about the mirror and implications
> of cutting directory trees of the mirror.
>
> as stated in the file "ftpsync.conf" here:
> MIRRORNAME=linorg.usp.br
> TO="/mirror/debian-raiz/debian/"
> RSYNC_PATH="debian"
> RSYNC_HOST=ftp.br.debian.org
> LOGDIR="${BASEDIR}/log"
> NAME=ftpsync_debian
> LOG="${LOGDIR}/${NAME}.log"
> MAILTO="linorg@usp.br"
> RSYNC=/usr/local/bin/rsync

And you don't exclude any architecture ?

> for others I use International sites, because I think it could be
> better for us due to the Internet Link of Universidade de São Paulo
>  ( see links below )

For volatile, could you please use ftpsync too ? (just edit a
ftpsync-volatile.conf file)

Best regards.