Re: ..rsync: opendir "/.~tmp~" (in debian) failed: Permission denied (13) ???

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 10:15:16 +0100, Simon wrote in message
<20090125091516.GQ11409@dedibox.ebzao.info>:

> (Please keep sending the mail to the list only, always better to share
> information, and it is nicer for my mail filters :)

..agreed, but check your own mail header settings, both my own
and Carlos' posts does the right thing when I hit the "reply"
and "sender" buttons. ;o)

> On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 12:29:33AM +0100, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> > On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 16:59:27 +0100, Simon wrote in message
> > <20090124155927.GL11409@dedibox.ebzao.info>:

> > > .~tmp~ directories are used by rsync --delay-updates option, and
> > > obviously the content is not readable, because there files are not
> > > intended to be exposed since they are temporarly used in order to
> > > improve "sync atomicity".

> > > As Carlos says, the old and deprecated anonftpsync is fixed for
> > > that for a long time (by excluding these directories).
> >
> > ..good, thanks, it should work as a stop gap. :o)
>
> The last versions of anonftpsync *does work*, you use an old version
> of an old script :) (fixed in 1.25 two years ago, today cvs version
> is 1.43)

..yup, and nicely to. :o)

> > > Anyway, as advertised on debian-mirrors-announce, ftpsync scripts
> > > et is the recommended way to perform Debian mirroring now :
> > > http://lists.debian.org/debian-mirrors-announce/2008/11/msg00001.html
> >
> > ..to plug the stop gap, can the new script set, use the same
> > settings to keep my mirror structure as my old anonftpsync?
>
> The mirror structure is the same.
>
> > Things to look out for, so I don't wind up with my /home
> > chock full and /var/www/debian untouched like a virgin?
>
> The link and the README contained in the ftpsync archive/git :)

..yeah, it's precisely that info that gave me the idea I'd have
an update try stuff itself into my old wee dinky toy / and /home
disk instead of my nice new big mirror disk. ;o)

> Most important variables are TO, MIRRORNAME, RSYNC_HOST, RSYNC_PATH,
> ARCH_EXCLUDE.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: