Re: Size of mirror - different than said in "mirror size" page (bigger)

El mié, 19-08-2009 a las 01:04 +0200, Simon Paillard escribió:
> (good question so CC the list)
>
> On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 12:24:00PM -0400, Hugo Segovia wrote:
> > I'm setting up a private Debian mirror, and I'm using "ftpsync".
>
> As a general reminder, don't forget that a proxy is often more adequate
> for private uses (approx, apt-proxy..).
> http://www.debian.org/mirror/ftpmirror#whether

Actually, I was trying to setup my own private mirror, because neither
apt-proxy nor apt-cache worked for me (did all but the "using cached
copies" part: when one computer asked for one file, they both download
and save the needed file(s) fine, but if then another computer asked for
the *same* file(s), they always downloaded the file(s) *again*, instead
of passing on the cached copies).

But I didn't know about approx. I tried it, and it worked! Even the
"using cached copies" part :-) Forget about the private mirror ;-)

Thanks for the help.

Hugo Segovia