Re: local mirror - debian+ubuntu - combined savings?

On Sun, Jul 05, 2009 at 02:27:15AM +1000, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> Does it make sense to combine ubuntu and debian local mirrors - as in,
> are there any worthwhile savings to be had to doing so?

No - there's sufficient difference that you can't readily do this. It
may potentially be different as Ubuntu reorganise their archive/package
pools so that old distinctions vanish - they'll then be closer to the usual
Debian layout :)

> If combined, roughly how best would I achieve the combining (eg,
> considering deleting old files/ packages as one example)?

Rsync from a network mirror is by far the easiest way to do this IMHO.

AndyC