Re: this mirror not push: rocky-mountain.csail.mit.edu

On Sat, Apr 05, 2008 at 11:48:51AM -0400, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> I don't think this is a mirror-specific problem, but rather some
> design problem, or just something not implemented/behaving as
> intended.
> [..]
> I think that means that ftp.us.debian.org should all be getting data
> pushed to them [0].  So it's not a problem of the individual mirror
> using an old, 1-stage anonftp, but rather the mirror push host not
> doing the needed serialization [1], thusly updating some host's
> Packages file before some other host's pool debs are finished sending.

I think you should read
http://www.debian.org/mirror/push_mirroring.en.html more carefully :-)

This is not how the push system behaves, the push refers only to the
SSH trigger, the rsync script itself is up to the mirror itself
(triggerd by SSH), not to the upstream mirror ...

mirrors@debian.org