Re: ftp.au.debian.org connection refused, ftp.uwa seems outdated

On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 09:03 +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:

> Whichever makes you feel better... we are using the mirrors pseudo-package,
> it's just that some mirrors actually don't fix their problems in a very long
> time, or sometimes they don't bother to let us know.

I'll use the pseudo-package in future.

Hmmm, naive "solutions" I can think of;

      * drop mirrors from the mirror list if they don't respond when
        they have problems
      * encourage more use of push mirroring with a mass-ping of the
        pull mirrors
      * automated notifications of mirror badness to individual mirror
        operators, perhaps integrate the current monitoring into a
        nagios instance? There are quite a few instances of
        ftp/http/rsync bad, lots of trace issues.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise