Re: mirror.debian.net maintenance

Josip Rodin wrote:
> I'm not keeping track, I'm just making a GET request with the Host header
> set to the above, and with the same path as their mirror database entry
> indicates.

So you query all mirrors at zonefile creation time?
Well, I guess I'll have to rewrite a chunk of my script to incorporate
something like this too...

> Er, you're missing the "mirror" part of the address.

Oh no, that was just a typo in the email, but my error was just as
silly: I was looking in the "mirrors" address. BTW, perhaps it would be
a good idea to ask the owner of mirrors.d.n to remove the domain, just
to avoid confusion (AFAICT there's nothing going on there...)

>> Perhaps if you could delegate geo.mirrors.d.n to the geomirror server
>> that Adam Borowski and I set up?
>
> Where is the geomirror server? I must have missed it...

The set up was detailed at[0]. Comments are, of course, welcome.
It was cross-posted to d-mirrors, but I couldn't find it in the d-mirror
archives, only some of the replies. Go figure...

> Ideally you should be putting it up on a Debian machine.

That's precisely my intention, but since I'm currently using PDNS, I'm
afraid the DSA folks will have some sort of problem with it. But I guess
it can't hurt to ask! :)

> Yes, I should commit it somewhere. I'm actually thinking of merging it into
> mirror_list.pl, that's the simplest way to keep things sane.

Great! Let us know when you get to it!

Cheers

[0] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2008/02/msg00216.html

--