Re: status

On Sun, Mar 02, 2008 at 03:10:35PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> > > ftp.hk is having issues not only with this, but also with disk space,
> > > Roger So replied to us saying this is known and that we can remove the site.
> >
> > I've tried contacting people about this, to no avail... the site looks much
> > better now, but I still haven't had any confirmation about the status of
> > two-stage rsyncing. I've sent and re-sent more reminders :|
>
> OK, I found a mail saying ftp.hk rsyncs once a day, once per session.
> Unless this is fixed, it'll have to be removed, this is sub-par...

After an ultimatum, Anthony Wong intervened and ftp.hk is finally fixed.

So, there we go. According to our records, all official Debian mirrors are
using a two-stage rsync strategy to avoid mirroring Packages files before
the debs. As for the unofficial mirrors - we can't really fix that
altogether, but we've had documentation, scripts and support mails updated
to help them for several years now, that's the best we can do.

If someone notices a broken mirror, please feel free to report it
individually, but the general issue is now practically fixed.

Therefore, I'm closing this 11 year old bug! :)

--
Josip Rodin
mirrors@debian.org