Re: some changes in anonftpsync

Among all these changes you could also put a SITE variable to define
the mirror name, which in turn is used to create the trace file. Using
the hostname often doesn't work, and never works for the official
mirrors. Last time I looked quite a few mirrors had the trace file
wrong.

The slashes, or not, at the end of RSYNC_DIR are very prone to error
and also very costly if a mistake is made. Our script removes any
number of trailing ones and has them in the rsync command. This way no
matter what is put in the data file (all variables are in a separate
file that's sourced) the scripts works.

We also use a logfile directly instead of a directory... And several
other changes. For example, the new method of detecting stale locks
doesn't work here because the filesystem is mounted with noatime.
lockfile works because it uses mtime.

With all our changes the official script ended up being just a
starting point. Very likely this is the case with many mirror sites as
well. Thus I think anonftpsync should emphasize the essential point:
the 2-pass rsync with the necessary options. It already has the code
but lacks the comments explaining the idea. So, my suggestion is not a
change of code, just the inclusion of the theory behind it.