Re: No warning on new arch?

On Sat, Feb 09, 2008 at 10:33:26AM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 03:43:23AM -0800, Mike Bird wrote:
> > Looks like armel arch hit the archive yesterday.
> >
> > Could we in future hope for some kind of announcement
> > or warning before being hit with ten gigs of new arch?
>
> Wrong list to talk to :/
>
> There's a hint of it at:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2008/02/msg00002.html
>
>   We have also been considering the inclusion of armel for the set of
>   architectures to be released with lenny. Its inclusion in the main
>   ftp archive is being worked on at the moment.

Hi all,

Apologies for the lack of co-ordination here. I (personally) didn't
expect it to hit the archives quite as quick as it did. I'll try and
make sure that -mirror is informed beforehand if we do this again.

Thanks,
Neil McGovern
Q. Why is top posting bad?
gpg key - http://www.halon.org.uk/pubkey.txt ; the.earth.li B345BDD3