Re: Mirror reachability/age page

On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 07:16:11PM -0600, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> Because I'm developing Mole[1], and I needed a Debian-related volatile
> "thing" to test it with, I've chosen to add a simple mirror checking
> thingy in mole, to demonstrate that that is also one of the
> possibilities.

http://merkel.debian.org/~jeroen/mirrorstatus.html
that is cool :-)

> You may send feature requests/idea's for additional functionality to me,

a column which says the current freshness, not only median ones.

Adding a column which says if the mirror is active or not in the list
(cf. X- field)

> Regarding mirrors, maybe it'd be an idea to have an additional and
> automatic 'Good: yes/no' field somewhere, which is used for hiding or
> marking entries in for example www.debian.org/mirrors/list? In my
> opinion, it can be annoying to find out after having chosen one, that a
> mirror is horribly outdated or listed-but-not-actually-usable for
> already multiple weeks.

Actually, we do that by renaming X-Archive-http instead of Archive-http
(doing that that at the mirror level is not enough, since only one
access method may be affected)

> To quote from the header:
> | Below you'll find some performance numbers of the mirrors found in the
> | master mirrorlist at http://www.debian.org/mirrors/list. Only http is
> | used to access the mirrors.

Do you think you can implement ftp and rsync ?

If you have much spare time :-) you can read the following
http://teubr.eu.org/~spaillar/debian/qamirrors/TODO