Re: debian-mirror.mirror.umn.edu is i386/amd64-only but in http.us.debian.org mirror rotation

Olof Johansson wrote:
> (Sorry if this is misdirected, I'm normally not subscribed to many debian
> lists. Forward as appropriate, I'd appreciate being kept on Cc though).
>
> It seems that at least one of the http.us.debian.org mirrors is incomplete,
> and only mirrors i386 and amd64 packages.
>
> >From what I can see at http://www.debian.org/mirror/official, a full
> mirror is required to be an official country mirror.
>
> I looked at http://http.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/g/gcc-4.1/ for
> the current four servers in rotation:

Check debian/dists/stable/main/binary-*:

> http.us.debian.org has address 35.9.37.225
i386, amd64
> http.us.debian.org has address 204.152.191.7
all arches
> http.us.debian.org has address 128.101.240.212
i386, amd64
> http.us.debian.org has address 64.50.238.52
all arches

> Can it please either be fixed ASAP, or removed from rotation? I've had a
> couple of very confused users here that couldn't install powerpc packages
> on one machine but it worked on another (they happened to go to different
> rotation servers).

I see the potential for confusion, but this is not new,
http.us.debian.org has been marked as only carrying i386 and amd64 for a
couple of years.

--
see shy jo