Re: debian mirror ftp.cica.es *added back*

On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 at 02:28:05PM +0100, Jose M. Sanchez wrote:
> >You may contact a push-primary (or secondary) mirror like ftp.de.d.o or
> >even ftp.es.d.o in order to setup push mirroring (by the way, isn't
> >connectivity from spain to ftp.es.d.o better than the one to
> >ftp.de.d.o ?)
>
> I will do it shortly.
>
> Well, ftp.de.debian.org is in the academic network, as us, and we have a
> very good international link. ftp.es.debian.org is in the commercial
> network and often is faster to connect to a university outside Spain
> that to the spanish commercial network.

Hm, unfortunately we don't seem to have a single full rsync mirror on
RedIRIS now, you are the only one. ftp.es.debian.org was actually
hosted at a Madrid university at one point, but it no longer is, sadly.

Maybe consider nearby GEANT sites? RENATER (.fr), SWITCH (.ch) and GARR (.it)
sites should be around within milliseconds from RedIRIS ones.

In France there's ftp.crihan.fr, in Switzerland ftp.ch.debian.org, and
in Italy there are mi.mirror.garr.it and ftp.unina.it.

(Obviously I'd also mention FCCN (.pt) here, but I can't actually connect to
ftp.uevora.pt::debian/ now. :/)

--
Josip Rodin
mirrors@debian.org