quality assurance and debian mirrors

Hi,

I started squashing 'mirrors' bugs [1] some weeks ago and noticed some
problems, and now I have some questions :-)

many almost dead mirrors
------------------------

We can notice on http://www.de.debian.org/dmc/today/ and
http://mirror.debian.org/status.html that many mirrors are in bad state,
that can imply bad experience during a fresh Debian install.

Considering the high number of mirrors which are dead or in bad state,
should we:
- open a bug for each mirror and cc the admin ?
- wait for the reply of the admin before removing the mirror from the
  list ?
- send periodically the relevant part of 'Debian Mirror Checker' ouput
  to the mirror's admin if an error is detected ?

broken submission form

By the way, we can notice http://debian.org/mirrors/submit doesn't work
anymore i.e. doesn't open bugs automatically, while
http://cgi.debian.org/cgi-bin/submit_mirror.pl returns ok.
(The recent submission for debian.intergenia.de has been done by mail).

So all the submissions since about 1 year are either stucked somewhere
between gluck and the BTS, either lost !

Thanks for your answers

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/mirrors