Re: qemu: uncaught target signal 11 when chroot into mips64el

陈 璇 <Sakura286@outlook.com> 于2022年10月11日周二 19:42写道:

> Greetings.
>
> Recently I need a mips64el chroot. But qemu crashed with "qemu: uncaught target signal 11 (Segmentation fault) - core dumped  Segmentation fault" after I ran "chroot" command.
>
> My host is Debian sid amd64 on VMWare. Here are the commands which I ranned with outputs .
>
> ```console
> infinity@debian:~$ sudo apt install binfmt-support qemu-user-static mmdebstrap
> ...balabala...
>
> infinity@debian:~$ sudo mkdir -p /chroots/sid-mips64el
>
> infinity@debian:~$ sudo mmdebstrap --arch=mips64el sid /chroots/sid-mips64el http://ftp.debian.org/debian
> I: automatically chosen mode: root
> I: mips64el cannot be executed natively, but transparently using qemu-user binfmt emulation
> I: automatically chosen format: directory
> I: running apt-get update...
> done
> I: downloading packages with apt...
> done
> I: extracting archives...
> done
> I: installing essential packages...
> done
> I: installing remaining packages inside the chroot...
> done
> done
> I: cleaning package lists and apt cache...
> done
> done
> I: success in 145.9303 seconds
>
> infinity@debian:~$ sudo chroot /chroots/sid-mips64el
> qemu: uncaught target signal 11 (Segmentation fault) - core dumped
> Segmentation fault
> ```

Is there a qemu-mips64el in  /chroots/sid-mips64el/usr/bin ?
I guess mmdebootstrap put an old version of qemu into it?

> I did not find core files after this seg fault.
>
> This chroot works well with sbuild. I just cannot chroot into it directly.

Sbuild will mount-bind the qemu of host system into guest rootfs.
I guess it is the reason.

--
YunQiang Su