Re: mipsel out-of-memory building dolfinx 0.4.0

On Mon, Jun 13, 2022 at 4:44 AM Drew Parsons <dparsons@debian.org> wrote:

> But I'm starting to suspect I have two separate problems.  First I need
> to compile the object files, and running out of memory is the problem
> there. Fixed by reducing -O (ggc-min-expand might help also).
>
> But after that, there's the problem linking, with "relocation
> truncated".  Am I right to think that's not an issue of available RAM as
> such, but rather it means the address space required by object files has
> started to exceed 32-bits?

I would see this with Crypto++ when cc1plus crashed. The object file
was not fully written, and the object file for the source file was
corrupt.

In this case, delete the object file in question, and then build
again. That is, if the compiler crashed compiling foo.cc, then delete
foo.o and then run make again.

Jeff